here is my "travel essentials" list... in case I miss out on something, feel free to add them up...
- Suitcase - A good suitcase, that is! Whether it is a wheeled suitcase, a backpack or a duffel bag. Suitcases needs to be tough, especially if you are traveling for a long period of time. I prefer mine to be waterproof too, cause we'll never know. It will really depend on what you are most comfortable with and of course, don't forget to have some extra space for the goodies you are bringing back home!
- Daypack - A small bag that you can use during the day, whether you are off to the beach, to the mall, to the tourist spots, or even to adventureland!
- Comfortable clothes & shoes - A MUST! You don't want to have blisters and spoil your vacay! The key is to pack clothes & shoes suitable for your destination and for your activities.
- Toiletries - Be sure to pack your personal toiletries, they need to come in handy... after all, they might be unavailable where you are headed.
- Rain Gears - The same reason I opt to bring waterproof bags, for me, rain gears make all-weather travel bearable. I never forget to carry my collapsible umbrella anywhere I go... it's even on my bag, every single day...
- Maps and/or Guidebooks - Researching is helpful, indeed! Where to go, what to see, where & what to eat, what to expect, what to explore are just some of the questions you may want to be answered before packing your suitcase. You don't need to do a detailed research, especially if you are up for surprises, but a little information wouldn't hurt. Oh and by the way, do look for the prices of commodities and services beforehand... it will help you save A LOT of moolah!
- Back-up documents - This is particularly important if you are traveling outside of the country. Make a copy of your passport, visa, e-ticket and other documents considered important.
- Camera - Of course, you wouldn't want to miss capturing those astonishing views and precious moments. However, it is still best to enjoy the scenery and be a part of the memories while you are there. You can buy postcards afterwards, anyway.
Some people prefer to pack light while others (like me), would want to bring the whole dresser... I know, I know... my goal is to do a backpacking adventure next. One backpack will carry all my needs during my journey. I'll be sure to let you know when that happens... if that 'will ever' happen... tee hee! ü
Did I miss out a lot? Care to share your travel essentials?
Oooppsss... just wanted to add, do not forget to bring your warmth and sunshine wherever your feet takes you... and never ever fail to wear your smile... always! :)